I’m Nikita. I came from Russia with love and full authorization to work in the United States.
Before attending Miami Ad School, I wrote about sports on a freelance basis. Often, "freelancer" is just a fancy word for "unemployed." Fortunately, that wasn't true in my case.
I looked for interesting stories and sold them to leading Russian mass media. But once, when a hockey player wanted me to lend him $300, I realized my romantic relationship with the sports industry had reached the dreaded friend zone. So I moved on.
I was also a drawing teacher in Brooklyn (even though I can barely draw), a cook at a fast food restaurant, and once refused a job offer to become a media relations manager with a political party. Writing press releases seemed to be boring.
Several years ago, I was about to sell my sports app idea to some coffee-addicted guys from the startup world. It didn't happen, but I constantly think about starting a new venture. Or two.
Almost forgot. They say I can make people laugh. Hopefully, not only by tickling.
Email me: email@example.com.
Call/text me: (917) 744-4132.
- R/GA. San Francisco. August 2018 - now. Campaign team: MasterClass, Assassin’s Creed (Alexios.)
- Freelance copywriter. August 2017 - August 2018.
Circus Maximus: Justworks, pitch.
Laundry Service: Papa John's (TV campaign)
Berlin Cameron: Capital One, National Kidney Foundation, CBS, ABC, Bravo.
The NBTA: Airbnb, The Culture Trip.
Voskhod (one of the best independent agencies in Europe): EMLA numbing cream for waxing.
The most recent piece: #TinyTriumphs. My role: campaign tagline, concepting.
- DDB Worldwide/Freelance copywriter. New York. May 2017 - August 2017. State Farm, Heineken.
- R/GA/Internship. New York. January 2017 - March 2017.
- DDB Worldwide/Internship. New York. October - December 2016.
- JWT Worldwide/Internship. New York. April - September 2016.
- Junior Hockey League/Leading writer. Moscow. September 2009 - April 2016.
- Freelance journalist. Everywhere. February 2005 - April 2016.
- City Sport website/Co-founder. Russia. April 2011 - August 2013.
- Avtomobilist Hockey Club/Manager of press service. Russia. September 2011 - July 2012.
D&AD New Blood graphite pencil (copywriting brief), D&AD New Blood yellow pencil, CLIO Awards 2016/Bronze, One Show Young Ones 2016/Merit, Young Guns YGA 2016/Bronze, One Show Creative Boot Camp/Silver, Graphis 2015 /Silver x 2, Creativity International Media & Interactive Design Awards/Silver x 3, Drum Chip Shop Awards, Miami Ad School Golden Paw x 2.